sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

bus stop

For years I've noticed the concrete bench with mosaic tiles on the corner of Broadway and Avenue U.  It wasn't until this evening that I noticed that the back of the bench features faces, hands and feet.  The origin of the public art project is unknown. The timing of the photo is interesting -- this evening my friends and I created our own glass mosaic project at the Glassy Alley.

2024 Broadway
Lubbock, Texas

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, I worked with (I think) Ted Adams on this project in 2001 or 2002. He and some of his students made the bench as part of a summer youth program. After it was completed, Citibus actually got a few complaints that it was satanic, and asked that it be removed. When I asked for specific things that were "satanic" the people complaining declined to reply. And I, in turn, declined to remove the bench.

    Melinda Harvey

    ReplyDelete