sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Sunday, August 4, 2013

welcome to louisiana
 
People are curious.  I stopped in the parking lot of a no-name bar to take a photo of this great old sign.  This Cajun in a wife-beater undershirt wandered over to ask what I was doing.  Seems he works at Baba's Lounge (closed on Sunday).  The sign blew away in THE hurricane (Katrina, 2005) but will be replaced.  He was checking on the eight-foot baby alligator in the canal which he had been feeding.  We took a look but the alligator was not there this evening (seeing an alligator was on my "wish" list but I approached with trepidation).  Being a courteous photographer I asked if I could take his picture--resulting in this image.  Amazing what one comes across on an evening drive in a new town!
 
Baba's Lounge
500 New Orleans Boulevard
Houma, Louisiana

No comments:

Post a Comment