sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Friday, July 11, 2014

tools for living
 
My friends own Abbeville Antiques and conduct estate sales.  I always go, not because I'm looking for wares, but because the voyeur in me enjoys seeing the interiors of homes -- even in the disarray of a sale.  Today's sale was in a brick bungalow built in 1947.  Located in the "Heart of Lubbock", this house watched the neighborhood change, as did its elderly occupant.  The house is filled with decades of accumulations-- from cast iron pots to sewing goods to the first "tamalera" I'd ever seen.  Out back there is a small two-room apartment -- probably leased by Tech students years ago.  Another outbuilding is a tool shed, where Bible verses share space with oil cans, nails and hammers.  Sunday is always half-price day -- drop by to see what's for sale.
 
1910 23rd Street
Lubbock, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment