sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Saturday, August 16, 2014

counter service
 
Lunch today was at the Dixie Dog in Spur, Texas.  I recently heard Chet Garner, the Daytripper, talk about the Dixie Dog so that became my destination for today's jaunt.  Started almost 60 years ago as a quick stop for malts and burgers, the hamburger stand expanded into a diner in 1960.  A family-owned business, it was "the place" for Spur citizens for decades.  The Dixie Dog re-opened in 2013 under new ownership but maintains the hometown, greasy spoon atmosphere.  I was noticeably the "out-of-towner" in the place; everyone else was greeted by name.  The waitress said she'd seen me taking pictures at the place up the street. I counted three cowboys hats-- the wearer of this one declined to be photographed!  What did I eat?  The Dixie Dog -- a biscuit-battered hot dog on a stick!
 
Dixie Dog Drive-In
Spur, Texas
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment