sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Friday, August 22, 2014


for sale

This cute building at the end of the main drag in Spur is for sale.  It may have had many lives, but probably started out as a gas station.  I spent time looking for what "brand" it might have been.  Many of the early filling stations were built according to a company blueprint.  I just learned that the building on the road out of town that I didn't photograph was a Phillips 66 gas station cottage. (Note to self:  If you see it and it interests you, shoot it!).   If you have a clue about this building, let me know -- even my buddy Steve didn't have any information.  For more than you ever wanted to know about gas stations, visit Roadside Architecture.

Burlington Avenue
Spur, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment