sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Friday, March 13, 2015

vacancy
 
Today I traveled Historic Route 66 in Amarillo from west to east.  I really didn't get many "kicks" on this Route 66.  The journey was more despairing than nostalgic.  Except for a few blocks with spruced up buildings and antique shops, the "mother road" was showing its age. Newer businesses were established a few blocks south along I-40. Bars, taquerias and motorcycle shops seemed to predominate along the historic route.  The mid-century motor courts had mostly turned into cheap apartments and budget motels. The Cowboy Motel was about the only vintage sign I saw.  And nowhere did I see Buz and Tod in their Corvette.
 
Cowboy Motel
3619 Amarillo Boulevard East (Route 66)
Amarillo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment