sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Saturday, April 4, 2015

beach cruisers
 
Fifty-five square mile San Juan Island (resident population under 10,000) is accessible only by ferry or plane.  Friday Harbor is the only town, with the resort Roche Harbor at the other end of the island.  There is no traffic light and the max speed on the two-lane roads is 45 mph.  A preferred mode of travel is the bicycle and the Earthbox Inn made these "beach cruisers" available for lodgers.  I opted to do business with M&W Auto Rentals (did I mention the hills?).  My Chevy Aveo was red, had 76,000 miles and crank windows -- but it got me to the lighthouses, lavender farm, alpaca farm, and shoreline.  Today my transportation is 737 courtesy of American Airlines.
 
Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, Washington
4.1.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment