sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Friday, January 8, 2016

clouds over cotton stalks
 
Today at noon it was 50 degrees and blue skies so I went cloud chasing -- not expecting that some would catch me!.  This is looking west from FM 400 in Lubbock County.  I could see storm clouds gathering in the north.
 

 
By the time I reached Plainview 30 something miles later it was 36 degrees and overcast with a bit of moisture on the windshield.  After a brief stop at the farm in Hale Center I headed home the back way.

 
This is the cloud that caught me on FM 2528 in Hale County.  Thunder, lightning, icy rain forming slush on the windshield and even a little hail!
 
 
As I headed home I looked back where I'd been.  Weather forecast predicts up to 2 inches of snow possible!  I drove south to Lubbock where it was partly cloudy and still 50 degrees.  Amazing what can happen in a little over two hours and less than 50 miles!



No comments:

Post a Comment