sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Friday, March 4, 2016

end of the line
 
While it appeared that using a trolley in front of an old gas station to make a diner was a good idea, the location was less than ideal.  Wonder where the trolley originally came from? Interstate 20 Exit 373 (hence the name?) is for FM 193, in Palo Pinto county, in the nothingness between Weatherford and Eastland. Not many travelers get off here.  Since I was off the interstate and right there, I took a quick side trip to Gordon, 2.5 miles up FM 193. Once a bustling railroad town, Gordon is now a a quiet community with FOUR cemeteries! Alas, I did not have time to tarry but continued along FM 193 to Mingus to Thurber and back to I-20.  Did you know it is 443 miles from Tyler to Lubbock (plus side trips)?
 
I-20 Exit 373
Palo Pinto County, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment