sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Friday, August 5, 2016

lady alisha's emporium
 
License plate frame:  don't follow me.. I'm lost
 
As I've driven down Main, I noticed the rear of what I took to be a pink travel trailer parked under a carport. Today the vehicle was in the adjacent parking lot.  Instead of a trailer, it turned out to be a vintage Toyota camper -- which might have been considered a "hippie van" in my day!  This one is completely decorated and even sports a mini shrine with a doll relic.  The bumper proclaims it to be "Lady Alisha's Emporium" which puzzled me because it didn't appear to be a mobile shop.  A quick dictionary reference enlightened: "from Greek emporos 'merchant', based on a stem meaning 'to journey'. I always thought it would have been fun to journey in such a van until my tastes changed and I now consider "Motel 6" roughing it!
 
Main Street
Lubbock, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment