sjfphotography: *fine art images *natural light portraits *greeting cards


Friday, August 19, 2016

make yourself at home
 
While visiting the Kit Carson Museum in Rayado, the last thing I expected to see was chickens -- yet there they were -- right at home on the settee.  Although touted as a ghost town Rayado is anything but, situated on the edge of the Philmont Boy Scout Ranch.  "Staff at the Kit Carson Museum dress in period clothing and demonstrate frontier skills and crafts like blacksmithing, cooking, shooting, and farming. Each room in the museum is outfitted with reproduction furniture and objects typical of New Mexico in the 1850s."  And evidently that includes chickens?  The only living objects I saw here were chickens.  In fact, half a dozen or so welcoming chickens came up to the car as I pulled into the parking lot and there were two under the car as I backed out.  I was afraid I'd have fried chicken for dinner.
 
Kit Carson Museum
Rayardo, New Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment